Lead Removal in Older Homes is a Must For Your Health

For older homes, lead removal from a trusted team like SMART Environmental Services is vital if you want to prevent further health problems. Lead-based paints were banned in the United States for residential use in 1978. Homes built in the U.S. before 1978 are likely to have some lead-based paint. When the paint peels and cracks, it makes lead paint chips and dust.  Ingesting lead is the most common way of exposing yourself to its toxic properties, even if you have another means of mitigating the danger, addressing the issue of lead paint in your home is extremely important.
Lead based paint is one of the largest problems in terms of lead exposure. If lead paint was used and finished poorly, the paint can start to shed flakes which can put your children or pets at risk if they were to eat them. Alternatively, if lead removal has not happened and you are unaware of the lead in the paint and do any kind of sanding, scraping, chipping, or other forms of friction against the surface, you can release particles of lead dust into the air. From the EPA, “Adults exposed to lead paint can suffer from high blood pressure, headaches, dizziness, diminished motor skills, fatigue and memory loss,”. 
You don’t want to leave your health or the health of your children to chance by keeping lead based paint inside your home. If you’ve moved into a house built before 1978 it’s important to consider lead paint testing and if the paint tests positive for lead arrange for lead removal services as soon as possible. Once the lead based paint is gone, the danger of lead contamination is gone with it.
For lead removal in Kansas City you can trust, hire SMART Environmental Services. They have a team with years of experience that can handle any building no matter the challenges. Call us at (913) 355-5303 or click here to contact us online

Posted in