Lead Removal Prevents Serious Health Hazards

Lead removal is a serious topic when buying a home built before 1978. Since then, a ban on the use of lead paint has lead to this hazardous substance being less widespread in homes. Hiring a professional lead removal service like the one offered by the team at SMART Environmental Services is the best way to protect the health of you and your children. 
One of the largest problems in terms of lead exposure is lead based paint.When the paint peels and cracks, it makes lead paint chips and dust.  Ingesting lead is the most common way of exposing yourself to its toxic properties, even if you have another means of mitigating the danger, addressing the issue of lead paint in your home is extremely important.
If lead removal has not happened and you are unaware of the lead in the paint and do any kind of sanding, scraping, chipping, or other forms of friction against the surface, you can release particles of lead dust into the air. The EPA advises that, “Adults exposed to lead paint can suffer from high blood pressure, headaches, dizziness, diminished motor skills, fatigue and memory loss,”. 
Your health is never something you want left to chance. Not reacting quickly enough to lead in your home can be a major risk to everyone living in the home if it was built before the banning of lead paints. Lead removal from a team of qualified professionals like the people at SMART Environmental Services is the best way to avoid risk of exposure to this toxic material. Once the lead paint is removed, your home will be safer for everyone living in it. 
For lead removal in Kansas City you can trust, hire SMART Environmental Services. They have a team that can handle any building no matter the challenges. Call us at (913) 355-5303 or click here to contact us online.

Posted in